Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday June 11

The other three were gone by about 8:30. Another glorious day, and it’s hard to stay behind. I’m hoping that one more day of healing will improve my odds of being able to continue starting tomorrow.  A bonus of being in town until after 9 - I could get to the pharmacy for more cream for my legs and some blister stuff for Trudy. I travelled with the luggage in the taxi to the next town and was in shortly after 10. We’re staying in a small B&B, just 2 rooms. I have a few hours to put in before my comrades arrive.  Lucky for me the rooms are ready and I have a good book.


Here’s some of the route description for today’s walk.

Machynlleth to Llanbrynmair.  Book says 25.5 km and our Contours info says 24 km. I’m guessing it really is 25.5 but I had asked that none of our days be over 25km so they just said it’s 24. But - if they take no wrong turns it will still be shorter than some of the other days. The first stretch is fairly level, but with 850m of climbing projected I’m guessing there will be some fairly hilly sections later on. Looks like it will be another pretty day!

The happy hikers made it in by about 6:30. I’ll have to wait for pictures.....  And - here are some of Gary's pics.....














Dinner and beverages across the street at the Wynnstay Arms, parts of which date from the early 1500s.




No comments:

Post a Comment