Leavin' on a jet plane early tomorrow morning. When, oh when, am I going to learn to pack lighter; ugh! I'm right at my 50 pound limit - and that's leaving the keyboard at home, so don't know how much blogging I'll do.
We leave on May 18th and back on June 21st. First up - 2 weeks in Ireland at a B&B in Killarney. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who has procured a home exchange there and has invited 6 of us to join her. We are - Irene, Nada, Ron, me, Trudy, Gary and Sherry. Our main activity in Killarney will be road cycling. We should have rental bikes waiting for us. We have about 7 days of cycling planned. Some days from & to "home"; some days with a shuttle one or both ways. Thank you, Irene, for making all those arrangements in advance.
Just in the last week or so did I start to look at guide books from the library. Looks like we are headed to a very scenic part of the country. We will be in the southwest, close to Killarney National Park, the Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula, the Beara Peninsula and the city of Cork. Everything looks pretty green, though, so we might be in for a bit of moisture.
After our 2 weeks in Ireland, Sherry heads home and the other 6 of us fly to the UK to do a bit of hiking in Wales. Irene & Nada will be with us for a week before heading home. Ron, Gary, Trudy and I are doing about 2 weeks of hiking. We will be on Glyndwr's Way, starting and finishing in Knighton. We will be staying in small villages along the way and have hired a company to move our luggage every day. Again, the photos look pretty green so I have packed some raingear.
Looking forward to getting underway!
No comments:
Post a Comment